The Falcon Fire Protection District held its regular board meeting March 18. All board members were present except for Cory Galicia, who was excused for work reasons. Attorney Richard Shearer, legal counsel for the district, was also present.The FFPD board discussed the following items:
- Fire Chief Trent Harwig reported that 17 percent of the fiscal year was complete as of Feb. 28. The district has received 5 percent of its anticipated revenue, and total expenditures are at 14 percent.
- Fire district crews responded to 148 incidents in February. Harwig said that future statistical reports will include year-to-date totals.
- Harwig reported that the district is currently exploring site locations for the new station, details were discussed in executive session.
- The district is in the process of receiving installation bids for the cistern in Black Forest Reserve, Harwig said. Utility locates, which is the marking of buried utility lines, should be done by March 20. Harwig said he expects the total cost of the cistern and installation to be about $70,000 to 75,000.
- The board recessed into executive session to discuss matters related to the acquisition of property and a personnel matter.