From OutThere Colorado – Spring skiing runs through mid-April, depending on the year so here are a few Colorado skiing tidbits
- Arapahoe Basin ‘s Pallavicini Lift has some of the steepest terrain in Colorado’s central mountains, with Gauthier clocking in as the most extreme pitch, at about 46 degrees.
- Vail is not only the nation’s most-visited ski resort, but also the largest, spanning 5,289 acres.
- Through the process of blowing snow, storing snow, and utilizing indoor facilities, Woodward at Copper is one Colorado ski training facility that stays open year round. They also have tons of ramps, mats, and huge foam pits to save freestylers from getting too rusty in the off-season.
- Alpino Vino at Telluride bills itself as the highest restaurant on the continent. Itís situated at 11,966 feet, and itís only accessible by chairlift and skis during daylight and gondola and snowcat in the evenings.
- Each year, itís estimated that over 20% of all American skiers make the trip to a Colorado ski hill. Thatís well over 16 million skiers a year.