A record 65 percent, or 79.7 million, American households now own a pet, according to a recent survey by the American Pet Products Association.Of the most creature-friendly cities out of 100 U.S. cities studied, Colorado Springs ranks third on the ìBest Cities for Pet Loversî list. The data set ranges from the minimum pet-care provider rate per visit to the number of pet businesses per capita. (Wallet Hub)Cincinnati was the No. 1 friendliest pet city; St. Louis had the No. 2 spot. The worst of the worst pet-friendly cities ó Newark, New Jersey, at No. 100; with New York coming in at No. 99.
- Veterinary care costs†are two times higher in Seattle than in Milwaukee.
- Dog insurance premiums†are two times higher in New York than in Detroit.
- Orlando, Florida, has 60 times more veterinarians per 100,000 residents than Newark, New Jersey.
- San Francisco has 26 times more pet businesses per 100,000 residents than Detroit.
- Scottsdale, Arizona, has 19 times more animal shelters per 100,000 residents than Lexington, Kentucky.
- San Francisco has 73 times more†pet-friendly restaurants per 100,000 residents than Detroit.